Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Slap heard around the world!



Ok well... not really heard around the world! In a recent interview Mammootty explained what really happened...

'I could sense that the passion was running high when I arrived for the promo because my new film was running in several theatres across north Kerala. The fans were excited to see me and for me, fans mean everything. Seeing the mood and the fervour of my fans, I opened the roof of my car and stood up,' Mammootty recalled.

'As soon as I stood up, fans rushed to my moving car and wanted to touch me. Isn't it a natural thing to happen? Stars are often mobbed. But soon I noticed that things were moving out of control and people were coming closer to my car. I was really concerned about the safety of those who were near my car and I started warning them,' Mammootty said.

So, is he saying that he slapped a fan because he was concerned for their safety? I'm going to start slapping everyone the next time I am in a crowded place and then I will explain to the cops that I was really concerned for everyones safety.

No comments: